SELECT – Senior Software Engineer
“AMEX for the Next Generation”
SELECT is an invitation/application-only black card, concierge, and membership community that connects our members with exclusive and unlimited point-of-sale rewards across the globe and online. SELECT will soon introduce credit and debit cards in addition to the current membership product.
1. Huge opportunity. Over the past several years, we've seen fintech disrupt a number of the largest financial services segments including payments, consumer checking/debit, investments, business credit, and student loans. However, the premium and premier consumer credit market remain untouched and shockingly underserved by legacy incumbents.
2. Market Need. 82% of Millennial cardholders rank rewards as “extremely important” and the highest criteria for card selection (aside from price), and over 50% of them plan on applying for a new rewards card within the next year. 80% of them will make that new rewards card their primary card.
3. The right product. SELECT has built one of the largest and most unique point-of-sale rewards systems in the world. SELECT partners directly with top local restaurants and nightlife venues as well as premier global brands in travel, lifestyle, entertainment, and more, giving our members access to exclusive, meaningful, and unlimited rewards at over 1.6 million locations and online.
4. Proven Product-Market Fit. As an extra fee-based membership, SELECT has signed up over 18,000 paying members and generated over $6.5MM in revenue. We’re consistently able to attract the cardholders every financial services company wants, with six-figure median individual incomes across the membership.
5. A Diverse Team. You couldn’t create a more diverse team than SELECT’s. We’ve organically collected a diversity of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives that is hard to match. Our collective expertise spans from financial services to luxury marketing and customer service and from modeling to hospitality. This team has hustled to create a network of relationships that has enabled us to create a program of benefits renowned as the best in the world.
6. Culture. We work hard but offer work-from-home flexibility and like to have fun. As a nature of what we do, our team enjoys high-end lifestyle benefits and experiences that are unparalleled and unavailable anywhere else. Similarly, they enjoy unique professional development experiences through monthly speaker series and panels – as well as far less sophisticated, but very fun virtual team get togethers.
7. Resources and Growth. SELECT is backed by leading institutional investors and noteworthy angel investors. A few of them include: Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator, Landscape Capital, Right Side Capital Management, Gambit Ventures, and Gaingels.
8. Widespread Acclaim. Our success is not just of our own profession. SELECT has been called “AMEX for the next generation” and “the card for the next generation” by Fox Business and Huffington Post respectively. We were finalists in the first ever Visa Everywhere Initiative, invited to the Mastercard Innovation Showcase, selected as part of the Plug & Play Fintech accelerator, and are actively a part of the Forbes Finance Council. NASDAQ says, “SELECT is turning the concept of a black card on its head and Forbes lauded our program for having “discounts at the best restaurants and unbeatable hotel discounts”.
9. Opportunity for Growth. SELECT is a merit-based company. We promote and reward based solely on merit. The more you advance the company, the more you advance with the company. We’ve had an intern make it to the C-Suite.
About this Role
What you’ll work on:
• You'll build upon and improve a meaningful, top-rated product used by thousands of paying members while preparing to scale quickly.
• You'll enhance our current product - building new functionality, refactoring, adding new partner integrations, improving overall usability and performance.
• You’ll assist with adding key financial services partner integrations and optimizing travel partner integrations.
• You’ll collaborate with our mobile development team, ensuring that they have the APIs they need to advance our mobile applications.
• You'll help drive company and product strategy as we change rewards, payments, and ultimately, broader financial services for the better. We aim to make the products that enable our lifestyles meaningfully improve them.
What You'll Need
• The ability to learn quickly.
• Fluency with Python and full-stack development experience.
• A love for solving difficult problems quickly and efficiently.
• Hustle – a constant drive to be one of the best in your field and to push the company forward.
• A user-focused perspective – you want to build the best user experience possible, perpetually improving upon it.
• Bonus: Previous experience in fintech, financial services, or at a startup.
• Bonus: Prior experience building web applications that have grown and scaled to handle a large number of users and complex tasks.
• Competitive compensation and equity.
• Flexible and remote work culture.
• Complimentary SELECT Membership.
• Exclusive in-person and digital events.
This is a full-time role. We're based in NYC and Miami, but we're remote-friendly and welcome all qualified US-based applicants!