SELECT Editorial Intern
SELECT is a black card private membership community and concierge that provides access to VIP treatment and experiences at the best in dining, nightlife, travel, entertainment and more. We are a rapidly growing startup and we are looking to find our next generation of team members to help build the foundation for further expansion. We have quickly increased membership to over 9000 in less than 2 years since launching in NY, DC, SF and Miami, with further west coast expansion later this year. At SELECT you'll gain valuable experience across industries and divisions while helping change the way consumers and businesses think about loyalty in the luxury space.
The Editorial Intern will be responsible for contributing original content and media to our upcoming online travel and luxury lifestyle publication: Luxury Traveler. This will include writing across a variety of formats on topics within the luxury & travel spaces. The Editorial Intern will also have the opportunity to help curate content for the publication and aid in the overall development & branding of the media source. The position comes with the opportunity for growth into more of an editor/full-time role as the publication grows and takes on more content contributors.
Who you are:
You are an avid writer, foodie, traveler, and have a taste for the finer things. You are interested in unique experiences across the world, and are always dreaming of your next destination. You are looking to gain experience in an entrepreneurial space while honing your skills as a writer and curator of content.
Skills you have:
• Outstanding communication skills both verbally and textually
• An interest in startups and entrepreneurship
• Previous writing or journalism experience
• High level of resourcefulness and strong willingness to learn
• Extensive travel and exposure to unique luxury experiences a plus
• Performing in-depth research on topics within the areas of travel and luxury
• Creating original content based on research and/or experiences
• Aiding in the curation and editing process of an online publication
• Sourcing appropriate images as needed for new content
• Editing content from outside contributors
• Aiding in the development of a new media source